User interface at a glance
A WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) interface of the application allows you to preview the end result while creating a document.
|The Main Application window|
The Main Application window consists of the following parts:
The Main menu contains commands providing access to application functions.
The following groups of commands are available:
- The File submenu: operations with documents, exporting, printing, application customizing commands. See Startup wizard; Exporting a document; Printing a document; and Customizing the application for more info.
- The Edit submenu: document and object editing commands. See Undoing commands; Copying, pasting, cutting, deleting objects; Selecting objects.
- The Insert submenu: commands for object insertion. See Inserting objects for more info.
- The Layers submenu: layers related commands. See Grouping objects and Ordering objects for more info.
- The Transform submenu: commands for object transformation. See Transforming objects for more info.
- The Alignment submenu: commands for object alignment. See Aligning objects for more info.
- The View submenu: commands for zooming and application customizing. See Zooming a document; Using design aids; and Quick access settings for more info.
- The Help submenu: displays the help contents.
The popup menu is an additional menu duplicating commands of the main menu for operations with objects.
To display the popup menu, right-click the document area.
The pasteboard area is a work area of the software containing visible and invisible parts of the document.
The document area is a work area of the software containing only a part of the document which is visible.
Rulers are used for measuring. See Using design aids for more info.
Toolbars are intended for quick access to commands of the Main menu.
The following toolbars are available:
- The General toolbar: most used commands. See Startup wizard; Printing a document; Undoing commands; Coping, pasting, cutting, deleting objects and Customizing the application for more info.
- The Objects toolbar: commands for object insertion. See Inserting objects for more info.
- The Layers toolbar: operations with layers. See Grouping objects; Ordering objects; Transforming objects; and Aligning objects for more info.
The Properties Editor shows information about currently selected objects. See Editing object properties for more info.
The status bar displays information about the document and the cursor; contains design aid control tools. See Using design aids for more info.
The zoom bar is intended for quick document zooming. See Zooming a document for more info.